What you will be doing
Individuals in the Virtual Infrastructure Engineering role are responsible for executing the strategy set by architecture. They are responsible for designing, building, testing, implementing, maintaining and optimizing the Vmware technologies in accordance with security policies and guidelines. Individuals in this role design and build the systems operating environment to meet business requirements. Members in this role need good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with system users and other technical colleagues. Individuals coordinate and work on multiple cross-functional initiatives/work groups and projects as a team leader or advisor. They will develop and build highly complex systems that may have system-wide impact, integrate across the organization, and involves multiple technical environments and disciplines and complex infrastructure solutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and Implement NSX T overlay in a physical spine leaf topology.
- Plan and execute complex upgrades.
- Coordinate large scale migrations to the new NSX T overlay network.
- Design global NSX T federation.
- Deployment of HCX Enterprise Bulk Migration technologies.
- Work with architecture teams on virtual firewall standards and methodology.
- Participate in workshops with other technical teams to provide guidance on the use of overlay network with DR.
- Participates in short- and long-term planning efforts with stakeholders and IT groups.
- Identifies and communicates how IT infrastructure solutions can support the achievement of short- and long-range business goals.
- Works with analysts, architecture, and stakeholders to understand business needs.
- Leads the evaluation of technical requirements for projects to determine the impact to the infrastructure including equipment redundancy and capacity requirements.
- Ensures completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the design and implementation of system business solutions.
- Determines systems specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Explains to non-SMEs how the proposed solution will support their requirements.
- Ensures infrastructure solutions are aligned to the business strategy and direction.
- Directs efforts to demonstrate that information systems are compliant with appropriate corporate policies, industry standards, government regulations, and contractual requirements.
- Leads or provides technical direction for the planning, designing, and execution of testing efforts.
- Creates a plan to evolve the system to reduce cost and improve system dynamics.
- Performs or coordinates Level 3/4 incident assessment and resolution on infrastructure solutions.
- Coordinates problem management and resolution among a variety of functional areas and provides subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problem.
- Provides guidance to other team members.
- Recommends procedures and controls for problem resolution or creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Works with auditors and security groups to ensure adherence to governance, regulations, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Evaluates future technologies and makes recommendations.
- Reviews vendor proposals for new infrastructure solutions.
What your background should look like
- Bachelors degree or technical institute degree/certificate in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires 8 or more years of relevant IT work experience.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of a broad range of hardware and software products.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- NSX T overlay networking, load balancing and firewalls
- vCenter, ESXi, VDS
- HCX enterprise
- Cisco UCS
- Experience with general IT concepts beyond their primary discipline
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills; effective team player
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Exceptional presentation skills
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
We offer a competitive annual bonus, life insurance from day 1 and a best-in-class health insurance package.
As our employee you have the benefit of our referral bonus scheme, our boundless learning opportunities including language training and our global employee assistance program.
We provide up to 6 fully paid benefit days a year and a wonderful office in Quadrum, equipped with everything you need for a small break at work and fresh snacks at all time.
Become part of our purpose-driven, multicultural team now and help us create healthier futures.
AmerisourceBergen fosters a positive impact on the health of people and communities around the world by advancing the development and delivery of pharmaceuticals and healthcare products. As a leading global healthcare company, with a foundation in pharmaceutical distribution and solutions for manufacturers, pharmacies and providers, we create unparalleled access, efficiency and reliability for human and animal health. Our 41,000 global team members power our purpose: We are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.