Data Engineer (Spark/ Python/ SQL)
What We'll Bring:
Do you enjoy being surrounded by and collaborating with like-minded and talented people who have a passion to innovate? At TransUnion, we employ modern solutions to make trust possible and help consumers be reliably and safely represented in the marketplace. If this sounds like you, come and join your new team here at TransUnion Lithuania!
What You'll Bring:
- Experience with Big Data tools, such as Hive and Spark
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, Spark (Pyspark)
- Experience building data pipelines and data-centric applications using distributed storage platforms.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, research-oriented team with concurrent projects
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in Agile development environment would be considered as advantage.
- R knowledge would be considered as advantage.
Impact You'll Make:
At TransUnion, we rely on powerfully insightful data and we’re seeking a data engineer to work on our data processes in the Data Science and Analytical team. Our ideal hire will have the technical expertise you’d expect, combined with curiosity and creativity. You’ll wear many hats in this role, but much of your focus will be building out our processes on our new technology stack we are investing in. Beyond technical prowess, you’ll need the soft skills it takes to communicate data processes in a way that’s easy to understand. We’re looking for someone willing to jump right in to help us build and maintain data assets for use by the Data Science and Analytical team.
- Design and write programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, Python, SQL, Hive, and Spark on server.
- Help streamline our data science workflows by improving process speeds and integrating automated quality control.
- Follow existing processes to update data products and trouble shoot technical issues
- Be an advocate for best practices and continued learning.
- Use agile software development processes to iteratively make improvements to our systems.
- Train, coach and support users on environment, tools, data, and services
- Writing technical processing documentation.
What You'll Get
- Experienced and highly motivated team
- Big focus on project delivery quality
- Health insurance package
- Business/Individual performance-based annual bonuses
- Financial rewards for Azure/AWS certifications
- Well defined career growth path using a matrix of skills needed to move on to the next level
- Dedicated training budget for professional improvement
- Linux Academy, Ministry of Testing, LinkedIn learning zone memberships
- Modern 2500 square meter office in Zalgiris arena with free parking
- Free of charge entry to Zalgiris LKL and Euroleague basketball games in VIP Zalgiris box
- Regular team events such as team buildings, summer/winter parties, sports & retreats
- Opportunity to participate in TransUnion Share purchase plan
- Flexible working and work-life balance
- The salary range for this position is €2500 – 5000 /mon. gross, depending upon experience.
TransUnion is a global information and insights company which provides solutions that help create economic opportunity, great experiences and personal empowerment for hundreds of millions of people in more than 30 countries. We call this Information for Good®.
TransUnion is a leading credit reference agency and we offer specialist services in fraud, identity and risk management, automated decisioning and demographics. We support organisations across a wide variety of sectors including finance, retail, telecommunications, utilities, gaming, government and insurance.
Find out more about our office life
At TransUnion we’re proud to be recognized as a great place to work for our dedication to creating a culture where associates are included, valued and embraced for who they are. We’re also committed to supporting physical, mental and financial fitness with a series of events and activities.
Remote Interview & Hiring Process
Our recruitment experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. You will be based either from our office in Kaunas or working remotely as part of our ‘flex together’ approach.
TransUnion is a worldwide risk and information solutions provider, with a headquarters in USA, that has been operating in Lithuania for more than seven years.
The main responsibilities of the TransUnion Lithuania team in Kaunas is to develop innovative technological products, support client faced products and underpinning IT infrastructure.
Our office is located on the Nemunas Island within the Zalgiris Arena. Currently, there are about 200 software and database developers, test analysts and IT support engineers, identity verification and fraud prevention, data and consumer service analysts working at our office.