Position salary3500 Eur gross monthly
Languages requiredEN (C1)
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join the world’s leading exchange company as a Software Developer for backend system development in the NCSD (Nasdaq Central Securities Depository) project at Nasdaq (more info: https://www.nasdaq.com/solutions/csd-suite).
Nasdaq is the world's largest exchange solution company providing top of the line trading, clearing and settlement technology and has more than 3,500 listed companies.
About the role
You will be part of a team responsible for delivering a highly sophisticated system for Central Securities Depository (CSD) around the world. It is distributed system based on MicroServices with high demands on quality, consistency, and performance, built with leading edge Java technology.
We work in cross-functional scrum teams consisting of Business Analysts, Software Developers and Test Engineers. You will be involved in all stages of the product life cycle, from design, implementation, testing to release & deployment to monitoring & troubleshooting to maintenance & enhancements.
We work in close cooperation with our customers, usually with 3 different customers at the same time. Developers do wide range of activities: feature development (implement customer specific requirements), non-functional enhancements (SLA implementation, cloud adaptation, etc.), developer productivity improvements (template driven code generation, model driven code generation, Docker/Podman, etc.).
NCSD being long term product gets budget to introduce and maintain advanced Software-Engineering techniques like model driven code-generation; thus, we have a lot of exciting and challenging areas of development that cannot be found in short-term project-oriented companies.
This position is an exciting opportunity to develop your personal, technical, and leadership skills while gaining an extensive knowledge of the exchange industry in general and the CSD domain in particular. It is a rare possibility to implement and improve in-house built high throughput, low latency application frameworks powering markets all around the globe.
Education, Professional accomplishments:
- University degree in computer science, information technology, software development or similar
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in developing Java applications
- Previous experience in the financial industry (banking, accounting, trading, clearing) would be an advantage
Professional skills required:
- Java 11, Dependency Injection, REST/SOAP Web Services
- SQL, Object-Relational Mapping knowledge/experience
- Git, Maven
We expect that you will be comfortable with:
- Spring Framework, Java EE, REST, SOAP, CDI, JPA, Hibernate, JDBC
- Oracle, PostgreSQL DBMS
- Wildfly/RedHat EAP, Message Oriented Middleware (e.g. ActiveMQ)
- JIRA, TeamCity
- Critical thinking, drive for sound and foolproof solution design and implementation
- Problem solver with a positive and “can-do” attitude
- Previous proven experience in participation in Agile projects
- Passion for well tested and clean code
- Willingness to share knowledge and help team to grow in seniority
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
We offer an opportunity to develop in the financial domain at the same time as utilizing your extensive knowledge and passion as well as work within a fast pace organization where you have the ability to really make a difference.
This is a permanent full time position located in Vilnius.
Monthly salary (Gross) starts from 3500 Eur, other bonuses apply, other bonuses apply.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.