Position salary2600- 4100 Eur gross monthly
Languages requiredEN (B2)
Director, Experimental Protein Sciences
At Biomatter Designs we are pioneering state of the art technologies for computational protein molecule design and applying them to engineer new proteins for manufacturing and therapeutic applications. We are actively seeking exceptional and passionate people to join the team.
In this position you will join our research and development team as Director (Experimental Protein Sciences) and lead the experimental protein sciences group. This group is responsible for the upstream/downstream processing and characterization of proteins designed by the computational group.
- Provide strong leadership and manage a dedicated group of PhD and non-PhD level scientists in the experimental protein sciences group.
- Provide guidance to the team for design, development, optimization and validation of upstream/downstream processing and characterization of proteins.
- Work with leadership to effectively establish and refine strategy and priorities and allocate research-related resources.
- Develop and monitor resource plans, schedules, budgets and goals.
- Ensure the adaptation of best practices and develop laboratory standards around which others operate.
- Identify the potential internal workflows that could benefit from automation and manage the execution of such transitions.
- Identify, establish, nurture, and complete collaborations with leading academic or industry partners.
- Build the experimental protein sciences group and develop talents, promote teamwork orientated initiatives and operational excellence.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Synthetic Biology or equivalent, or Master’s degree with equivalent experience.
- 5+ years post-PhD (or equivalent) industry research experience in biotechnology or assay development.
- Strong knowledge of upstream and downstream processing of proteins.
- A deep understanding of enzyme kinetics and the capability to design reliable assays for different enzyme characterization.
- Experience in independently managing teams and projects, with a comprehensive understanding of the various stages of R&D and their unique needs.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with laboratory automation.
- Experience working with technologies at the intersection of biology and machine learning.
- Expertise in high-throughput screening technologies.
- Good understanding of protein developability assessments (colloidal stability, hydrophobicity, polyspecificity, thermostability, etc).
- Use of basic programming and scripting to organize information, track experimental design, and analyze data.
- An opportunity to join an innovative startup that is pioneering the game-changing technology for protein design.
- Diverse and exciting challenges.
- Work environment in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team.
- Flexible working arrangements: with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
- Gross salary range for this position is 2600-4100€/month.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.