Position salary1570- 3470 Eur gross monthly
We are looking for .NET backend developers to help improve and maintain KAYAK’s world leading search and booking technology. We integrate with over 200 travel partners and link to over 3.5 Million hotels & rentals and 550 airlines.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A solid software engineer with a willingness to learn
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced startup environment
- Hands on and self-motivated
- Willing to work across geographies with teams in the US, Berlin and Sydney
- Work on projects to improve KAYAK’s geo data and booking engine products
- Work with engineers and designers to help build out a set of services that will enable KAYAK to give our users more relevant results
- Improve scale & performance of our GEO Data services and other technologies
- Help improve our .NET technology stack, work with other developers, to build out a set of best practices
- You are a .NET developer. A little Java would be a plus but a willingness to learn is much more important.
- You are adaptable and pick up new technologies and languages quickly.
- You have worked with distributed systems and service oriented architectures.
- You possess an appetite for constantly refining and improving the end user experience as well as the developer experience.
- Bonus Skills:
- Elastic, MySQL, SQL Server, Redis
- GraphQL, GRPC Google Proto Buffers
- Some Java, willing to jump in both .NET and Java code bases
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Day off on your birthday
- Flexible hours
- Headspace subscription
- Regular team events/excursions
- Additional paid paternity leave
- Generous healthcare insurance
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.