Position salary2450-5450 Eur gross monthly
Languages requiredEN, LT
Mid-Level Software Engineer
While creating the most powerful tool to help people experience the world, we are always on the lookout for curious engineers who would be up for a challenge. Taking bold decisions, loving numbers and working as one is how our day to day looks. With a team build of top skilled technology ninjas you will have all the support needed to join us in our mission to create the best existing travel search engine that has ever existed.
We are looking for skilled, ambitious, and hardworking developers with a passion for learning and delivering. You will join the team in Cambridge that is responsible for developing compelling user experiences that are the face of KAYAK for millions of users every day. As a catalyst for complex projects and initiatives, you will work closely with other teams to develop innovative features and keep our product ahead of the competition. If you're an engineer who loves traveling and wants to be a part of a team of similarly skilled, driven individuals, we'd love to hear from you.
- 4+ years of meaningful work experience developing web applications
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative/technical field (e.g.Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math)
- Experience building layouts using CSS and HTML
- Knowledge of performance considerations, especially with respect to browsers
- Experience working in Java, C#, or a similar object-oriented language
- Ability to debug issues in a full-stack environment
- Works independently on solutions and designs with minimal mentorship
- Produces work that is scalable, high quality, and consistent with specification
- Estimates effort accurately and executes with pace
- Shows good judgement in architecting software
- Uses metrics to validate decision-making
- Owns communication to key partners on assigned projects
- Easily relates technical subjects to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrates leadership within direct & cross-functional teams
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Day off on your birthday
- Free lunch once a week
- Flexible hours
- Headspace subscription
- Regular team events/excursions
- Additional paid paternity leave
- Generous healthcare insurance
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc. (if you are up for it)
When joining KAYAK/OT you will be entitled to our compensation package. In addition to the regular salary, you will have a possibility to be granted RSU and annual bonus under KAYAK’s internal rules. The base salary is from 1500 EUR to 3300 EUR (netto). Other bonuses depend on your performance.
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.