Position salary1800- 3200 Eur gross monthly
Languages requiredEN (B2)
At Biomatter Designs we are pioneering an artificial intelligence driven platform for the digital design of new proteins. We are actively seeking exceptional and passionate people to join our team and take part in the protein engineering revolution!
You will join the laboratory team as an R&D scientist and work alongside bioinformaticians and computer scientists to support the development and application of computational tools for protein engineering. You will also take part in generating new product ideas and driving them through the development and commercialization process.
Your daily activities will include:
- Producing and characterizing wild type and designed proteins
- Suggesting and developing analytical assays for protein characterization
- Developing and optimizing medium and high throughput workflows for protein expression and characterization
- Participating in brainstorms for new product and application ideas, performing feasibility studies, generating experimental data for various patent applications and marketing purposes.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of all lab work
- Analyzing, preparing and presenting data to the team and other stakeholders
Preferable skills and attributes
- Masters degree or PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, immunology or related field
- Experience in planning and executing biochemistry / molecular biology experiments with minimal supervision
- Analytical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Experience with recombinant protein expression and purification
- Characterization of purified proteins using analytical and biophysical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blots, ELISA, liquid chromatography, CD spectroscopy
- Experience with molecular cloning and mutagenesis techniques
- Experience with enzyme kinetics and protein-protein interaction studies
- Intrinsically motivated, accountable and committed to professional development
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
● Work environment in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team.
● Flexible working arrangements: with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
● An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications (1800 to 3200 Eur gross monthly).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.