Position salary2200- 3600 Eur gross monthly
Languages requiredEN (B2)
At Biomatter Designs we are pioneering state of the art technologies for computational protein molecule design and applying them to engineer new proteins for manufacturing and therapeutic applications. We are actively seeking exceptional and passionate people to join the team.
In this position you will join our R&D team as a Systems Administrator and work alongside machine learning scientists and computational protein engineers to build and implement the computational platform for novel protein design.
- Provisioning and maintaining the computational infrastructure (hardware and software).
- Building and maintaining development environments.
- Developing solutions to compute scaling, infrastructure automation & orchestration, data storage and data transfer.
- Proposing and implementing innovative solutions that may improve the productivity of the R&D teams.
- Providing support to R&D teams - helping to troubleshoot any issues related to the development environment, communicating any changes, down-times.
- 2+ years of System Administration or DevOps experience.
- Extensive experience with Unix-based system administration.
- Demonstrated experience managing - planning, implementing, monitoring and maintaining - scalable compute infrastructure (software and hardware).
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively on own initiative and be self-supervised.
- Willingness to carry out extensive research to find optimal solutions.
- Hands-on experience with IT automation tools (SaltStack, Ansible or similar).
- Experience working with cloud (AWS, GCP or others).
- Working knowledge of virtualizations technologies (Docker or similar), workload management tools (Slurm, Nomad or similar), infrastructure as code tools (Terraform or similar) and infrastructure monitoring stack (Prometheus, Grafana or similar).
- General knowledge of cyber security best practises and relevant tools (OpenVPN, Vault, etc).
- Understanding of backup/recovery/data archiving principles, hands-on experience with Borg, Restic, Duplicacy, Duplicati or similar tools.
- An opportunity to join an innovative startup that is pioneering the game-changing technology for protein design.
- Work environment in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team.
- Flexible working arrangements: with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
- Gross salary range for this position is 2200-3600€/month.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.