Position salary2200- 3500 Eur gross monthly
Languages requiredEN (B2)
At Biomatter Designs we are pioneering state of the art technologies for computational protein molecule design and applying them to engineer new proteins for manufacturing and therapeutic applications. We are actively seeking exceptional and passionate people to join the team.
In this position you will join our R&D team as a DevOps Engineer and work alongside Machine Learning scientists and computational protein engineers to build and implement the computational platform for novel protein design.
- Building, testing and deploying internal tools.
- Providing support to R&D teams - helping to troubleshoot any issues related to the development environment, communicating any changes, down-times.
- Building and maintaining development environments (Conda, Docker and similar).
- Building and maintaining the computational infrastructure (hardware and software):
- OS updates, configurations, cleanups and backups.
- Ensuring that infrastructure is secure and adheres to industry standards.
- Monitoring the utilization and health of infrastructure.
- Optimizing the infrastructure and planning future expansion.
- Proposing and implementing innovative solutions that may improve the productivity of the R&D teams.
- Developing solutions to compute scaling, infrastructure automation & orchestration, data storage and data transfer.
- 2+ years of DevOps Engineer or system administration experience.
- Strong collaborator with excellent communication skills and history of success in fast and dynamic teams.
- Strong experience with Unix-based system administration, scripting (Python, Bash), and file share infrastructure (SMB/CIFS, NFS).
- Demonstrated experience managing - planning, implementing, monitoring and maintaining - scalable compute infrastructure (software and hardware).
- Strong working knowledge of AWS or GCP infrastructure, cloud architecture, and networking.
- Ability to work proactively on own initiative and be self-supervised.
- Willingness to carry out extensive research to find optimal solutions.
- Previous experience in Biotechnology or Life sciences sectors.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Experience in software development.
- An opportunity to join an innovative startup that is pioneering the game-changing technology for protein design.
- Diverse and exciting challenges.
- Work environment in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team.
- Flexible working arrangements: with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
- Gross salary range for this position is 2200-3500€/month.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.