Position salary2600-6700 Eur gross monthly
Vinted is Europe’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 30 million members in 12 countries. Our mission is green: we want to make second-hand the first choice globally.
A team of more than 450 people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin and Prague develops and supports our platform. We have a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growing.
We are building a new Information Security Engineering team responsible for securing Vinted’s infrastructure and products. In this role, you will start by focusing on one of the following areas, supported by the rapidly growing team:
Security Log Management
How would you design a solution that can enable analysis on a petabyte level of logs and be scalable for biannual growth?
Your main responsibilities in this area would be:
• Design, build and maintain infrastructure for log collection and analysis
• Collaborate with other teams regarding log onboarding
• Build and fine-tune the tools to detect and alert on irregular activities
• Assist with incident investigations
• Work together with the information security team on developing new ways to secure a rapidly growing organisation
What security controls would you consider essential when securing a fast-growing organisation? What would be your approach towards implementing proactive defenses in practice?
You would be responsible for:
• Designing, implementing and maintaining solutions to prevent security incidents on network and endpoint levels
• Choosing the right approach to ensure acceptance of proposed security controls
• Cooperating with other teams on improving their security controls owned by other teams
• Assisting with incident investigations
• Using open and closed sources to detect threats
• Actively looking for internal security gaps within network perimeters, platforms and code
Identity & Access Management
Given a clean slate, how would you implement Identity & Access Management solutions in an organisation? What novel methods would you introduce to improve organisational security against modern threats?
Responsibilities associated with this role:
• Design, build and implement Identity & Access Management for employees and partners
• Provide and support a common authentication infrastructure for a diverse set of systems
• Deliver solutions for a robust application secret and service account management
• Ensure proper protection of secrets using hardware security modules
• Collaborate with colleagues on defining relevant rules and processes
• Provide guidance on secure authentication best practices
Choosing a focus area is just the beginning – Vinted is growing and so will you in this role. There will be plenty of fresh opportunities and exciting challenges, both in technical and leadership roles.
• Relevant experience implementing log management, cybersecurity or identity & access management solutions
• Street-smart around Linux and its dark corners
• Able to build custom tools and integrations
• Innate curiosity towards cybersecurity and always aiming higher than “good enough”
• Understand best security practices and find novel ways to secure systems with usability, performance scalability and culture in mind
• Efficiently achieve results by showing initiative, cooperating and sharing ownership, taking responsibility
• Desire and commitment to grow personally and professionally
• Keep an open mind and be flexible to adapt to new challenges as the company grows
• Excellent at communicating in spoken and written English
• Opportunity to join our stock options programme
• Learning budget (13.2% from net yearly salary)
• 25 working days of holiday
• Remote workout classes
• A canteen that serves homemade food at friendly prices
• Monthly team-building events
• A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
The salary range for this position is 2600-6700 € (gross) per month.
If this sounds interesting, you may be just who we need.