Position salary3200-5800 Eur gross monthly
Team Vinted is looking for a backend software engineer who’s skilled at writing elegant code and likes to work on big-scale projects.
Vinted is Europe’s biggest second-hand style marketplace. Our aim is to make second-hand first choice worldwide. Currently ~30 million people use our platform and Vinted’s Product Engineering teams are the ones who develop new features from start to finish and roll them out to all our members. Not so long ago Vinted has reached a major milestone - we’ve become self-sustainable while still growing really fast.
Vinted backend software engineers work in product engineering teams. These teams have all the main competences that are needed to ship new features to our members without outside help (cross-functional). Usually such teams have mobile platform developers (iOS, Android), Web developer and 1 or 2 backend software engineers. Backend software engineers are the ones who implement business logic and write APIs that our mobile and web platforms can use. Backend software engineers are also responsible for growing our backend platform to handle bigger scale.
Your main aim will be preparing our product for the challenges that lie ahead and making sure it contributes to the Vinted vision of making second-hand the first choice.
Relocation package compensating your relocation costs to Vilnius, Lithuania will be granted.
In this position, you will:
- Work in a team and shape the features to make our members’ life better.
- Apply Agile and Lean principles in your work.
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews (fun fact - our Head of Engineering still reviews every line of code via… pronto)
- Write unit tests (RSpec) for all of the code you write. We have >10000 tests which run in ~5 minutes through our Jenkins setup.
- See your code affect 30 million users almost instantly. Our master branch gets rolled out straight to production on each merge. We deploy many times per day.
- Work with Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch and many more technologies. We don't expect you to be familiar with any of them beforehand.
- Craft the code which can handle more than 2M requests per minute. Monitor your deployed code through Kibana, Grafana, DataDog and new tools that you will introduce :)
What do we expect:
- You should be willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts.
- We expect you to be familiar with most, and have deep knowledge in some (depending on your seniority) of the following disciplines: Software Engineering, Functional Programming, Data Structures, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Web Development, Systems Programming, Distributed Systems, Systems Architecture, Computer Science.
- Opportunity to join our stock options programme
- Learning budget (13.2% from net yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- A canteen that serves homemade food at friendly prices
- Monthly team-building events
- Remote workout classes
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
The salary range for this position is 3200-5800 Eur GROSS / month.
If this sounds interesting - you may well be just who we need. We’re looking for backend software engineers to join Vinted Product Engineering in their work. We have a few positions available and we are looking for specialists with varying experience - from mid to senior.
If you’re interested, contact us and we will be in touch with you.
Plus, take a look at engineering.vinted.com to see what we’re up to.