Position salary2000-2500 Eur gross monthly
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
The Localization Coordinator will be responsible for managing internal Proton localization requests, ensuring timely delivery and high standards of quality.
Localization requests may come from across the entire Proton ecosystem, from product to marketing, and involve various requirements and complexity levels.
Therefore, the role requires constant communication with stakeholders across Proton and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines quickly and professionally. Candidates who are successful in this role will demonstrate they are highly organized and proactive.
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with the Proton Localization Community, vendors, and internal stakeholders to deliver projects on time and on budget
- End-to-end management of multiple localization and LQA requests at the same time
- Responding to context inquiries with a fluent level of English
- Communicating regular status updates to internal stakeholders
- Managing different formats of language files via internal localization tools
- Adapting and enhancing current and new workflows to generate efficient results
- One year of relevant work experience in project coordination
- Detail oriented and able to work on multiple projects at once
- Fluent English
- More than one year of experience in the localization industry
- Knowledge of other foreign languages
- Process and operations oriented
The Localization Coordinator will be based in one of the Proton offices listed below.
Due to COVID-19, it is possible to start the role remotely and relocate to one of the listed locations:
- Skopje, Macedonia
- Vilnius, Lithuania
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using the Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.