Position salary1850-2750 Eur gross monthly
You will become part of an IT area of high priority in the bank, with the vision of truly changing the way the bank functions. We are seeking for an API Governance Junior Engineer who can help design and drive the new API governance setup in Danske Bank, including designing API governance & ownership guidelines and leading their adoption across all Danske Bank development areas.
Better Ways of Working
The Better ways of working programme is part of a broader programme that will help Danske Bank transform the way it operates, divided in 3 streams:
- Customer Journeys acceleration
- Ways of Working redesign
- IT Industrialisation
The IT Industrialisation track will succeed with modernizing Danske Bank architecture, e.g. building the right APIs and decoupling dependencies, and optimizing on our tools and processes, to enable and ensure that we, in collaboration of the other two streams, can build a Better Bank and continue to maintain an innovative environment once the programme will achieve its purpose.
You will be joining the IT Industrialisation stream, responsible of driving the IT transformation in Danske Bank. Our goal is to drive the initiatives to optimise and make more effective our development organization and enable the needed IT change.
We will be responsible for helping the organization decouple its core systems using an interface-driven architecture (APIs, events, and domains).
Skills and competencies
- Excellent understanding of API based design & development, including Domain Driven Design principles
- Good analytical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Solid communication skills in front of small groups
- Strong initiative and proactive work mode
- Team player, able to work in various team setups & engage stakeholders
- Experience with API Management solutions, (IBM API Connect, etc.)
- Experience in API design and documentation tools (Swagger, etc.)
- Experience with web development using the single page application framework and experience with jQuery are a plus
Experience and qualification
- Two or more years of software development (.NET or Java) and IT architecture experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing, consuming and supporting APIs
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
You will collaborate closely with the lead of the API adoption initiative, having the following key responsibilities:
Drive knowledge and set standards
- Build and continuously expand expertise, acting as an API Governance subject matter expert, ensuring API governance is properly setup across the development areas
- Serve as the point of contact for questions regarding API use, optimization and adoption
- Develop design patterns for common API problems to ensure consistency and quality of development
- Develop, extend and update API best practices and guidelines
- Conduct meetings with other stakeholders across Group IT and their teams
- Build and maintain an API community
Support teams and manage standard tooling
- Act as mentor and provide guidance to engineers working with API development
- Coordinate API platform releases across stakeholders to ensure high-quality and timely delivery
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 1850 EUR to 2750 EUR gross EUR/monthly).