Company average salary7141.33 Eur gross monthly
Senior Software Engineer - Developer Experience
About the Role
Uber is on the lookout for top-notch engineers who are looking to unleash the next wave of growth at uber by multiplying the developer productivity. This role involves designing, developing and scaling a robust platform and tools to solve Uber’s unique build, code and dependency management challenges. You will help delight our engineering teams, and enable the whole engineering organization to iterate rapidly.
We create and contribution to open source software and collaborate with other industry leading tech companies with the belief that every developer should be productive.
Developer Experience is pushing the boundary of what’s possible to make engineers forget about infrastructure and focus on creating incredible solutions for our customers.
Developer Experience comprises of several key areas:
– Developer Tools
– Build Systems
– Dependency and Artifact Management systems
– Resiliency Testing and Delivery platforms.
If you enjoy enabling other engineers to be productive, discussing anything from developer tools to kernels and you measure the success of your projects in “nines”, we would like to talk to you.
We ensure Uber’s success through strong collaboration and partnership with various engineering teams and developing reliable and scalable infrastructure that enables our engineers to develop, test, debug and release software efficiently and reliably.
Our work impacts thousands of engineers @ Uber and millions of riders, drivers and eaters by ensuring that the code we ship to production is stable with high reliability and performance.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with fellow engineers to innovate, architect, develop and scale Uber’s distributed code hosting platform
- Provide initiative and technical leadership to build reliable, high-quality solutions that scale with Uber’s engineering processes.
- Deliver and review technical design, code and documentation.
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: availability, performance, scaling, monitoring and capacity.
- Manage upstream and downstream dependencies, collaborate with other engineering teams, gather requirements and enable successful adoption of development tools and best practices.
- Mentor and support your fellow teammates.
What You’ll Need
- At least four years of experience with Software Engineering, Tools
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.