Company average salary7141.33 Eur gross monthly
Backend Software Engineer - Observability
About the Role
The Observability Vilnius team is part of the Observability group within Uber Infrastructure. We are charged with delivering platforms in two specific domains at Uber: On-Call Experience, Incident & Postmortem Management. Our team works with the rest of the Observability group to build the tools to monitor physical infrastructure at Uber and build applications that our engineers across Uber use to ensure on-call & incident response processes are running properly.
What You’ll Do
The Observability Vilnius team works on a few full stack applications for supporting on-call engineers on their duties, monitoring, alerting and generally making sense of millions of checks that are monitored at Uber.
As part of our team you’ll focus primarily on the backend of these applications along with a few other backend and full-stack engineers. Some of the work you’d be involved in includes:
- Building a platform for on-call, incident response and incident review processes management.
- Prototyping new features to make the lives of our engineers at Uber easier.
- Putting the new features that work into production and ditching the ones that don’t.
You’ll generally help build out some of our existing tools, as well as craft new ones. We aspire to make the most of our work open source, and prefer like minded team members who understand the balance of building software for use inside of Uber that also has a path for external use via open source.
Who you are
Generally, you’ll do well on our team and enjoy the kind of projects we work on if you have:
- Good programming skills in one of C++, Java, Python or Go, and an ability to pick up new ones.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant services that would support our unique rate-of-growth requirements.
- Experience with programming tools (e.g. version control).
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing.
- Ability to keep yourself up-to-date with the latest technological trends.
- Being committed to quality, performance, and efficiency.
- Being able to thrive in a fast and growing environment where all hands are on deck, and consider no obstacle too big or too small.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Full medical package to fit your needs.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.