Company average salary7243.17 Eur gross monthly
Frontend Software Engineer - Observability
About the Role
The Observability Vilnius team is part of the Observability group within Uber Infrastructure. We are charged with delivering platforms in two specific domains at Uber: On-Call Experience and Incident & Postmortem management. Our team works with the rest of the Observability group to build the tools to monitor physical infrastructure at Uber and build applications that our engineers across Uber use to ensure On-call & Incident Response processes are running properly.
What You’ll Do
The Observability Vilnius team works on several full stack applications for supporting on-call engineers on their duties, monitoring, alerting and generally making sense of millions of checks that are monitored at Uber.
As part of our team you’ll focus primarily on the frontend of these applications along with a few other frontend engineers. Some of the work you’d be involved in includes:
- Building a platform for on-call, incident response and postmortem processes management.
- Prototyping new features to make the lives of our engineers at Uber easier and putting the new features that work into production.
You’ll generally help build out some of our existing tools, as well as craft new ones. We aspire to make the most of our work open source, and prefer like minded team members who understand the balance of building software for use inside of Uber that also has a path for external use via open source.
Who you are
Generally, you’ll do well in our team and enjoy the kind of projects we work on if you:
- Enjoy digging into how we can help make Uber’s systems more understandable for engineers.
- Understand the full web technology stack: HTML5, CSS3, HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching.
- Have some knowledge of full stack infrastructure from frontend to backend.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Full medical package to fit your needs.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.