WHO WE ARE
Many of the world’s 500 million smallholder families face two interrelated challenges: they hold little, if any, rights to their land and being restricted to the informal sector, they often cannot access technical and financial services to improve their livelihoods.
Meridia provides affordable land rights documentation for smallholder farmers so to boost their economic empowerment. We currently operate in Ghana and Indonesia while our headquarters is located in the Netherlands. We have been in existence for little over two years and backed by our investors, we will continue to grow into new markets. We’re looking for a developer who is excited to grow along with our fast-paced start-up team and who is passionate about making a difference for millions of people around the globe.
We are looking for experienced full-time developer who is skilled in Python/Flask/Django and React to join our technical team based in Kaunas. You will be tasked to with further development of our platform micro services. You will be in charge of extending in house services or creating new ones.
Within each service, you will implement your solutions at the appropriate level in the stack from the Postgres database up to the React frontend. You will design and maintain the service API and integrate with other inhouse API or 3rd party SaaS.
You will work remotely from our office in Kaunas while reporting to our lead software engineer in Amsterdam.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS/IS
- 2+ years in the role of full stack software developer.
- Experience maintaining an online production service is mandatory.
- Experience in Agile methodologies, code reviews, unit testing and user stories.
- Good verbal and written communication in English.
- Experience working in remote teams through Git, Pull requests, Slack (or equivalent)
- Experience in working with AWS, Docker and microservices
- Ability to translate user stories into wireframes and simple UI
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full-time position at our Kaunas office
- Flexible working hours and the freedom to plan your own time.
- Indefinite employment contract signed directly with out global HQ under the EU/Schengen “cross-border employment” regulation
- Market rate salary and benefits package
- Yearly trips to our HQ in Amsterdam