WHO WE ARE
Many of the world’s 500 million smallholder families face two interrelated challenges: they hold little, if any, rights to their land and being restricted to the informal sector, they often cannot access technical and financial services to improve their livelihoods.
Meridia provides affordable land rights documentation for smallholder farmers so to boost their economic empowerment. We currently operate in Ghana and Indonesia while our headquarters is located in the Netherlands. We have been in existence for little over two years and backed by our investors, we will continue to grow into new markets. We’re looking for a developer who is excited to grow along with our fast-paced start-up team and who is passionate about making a difference for millions of people around the globe.
WHO YOU ARE
Meridia is looking for a junior Android Developer with 2+ years of experience with Java/Kotlin under the belt. You will be based in our office in the heart of Kaunas and work together with a young and dynamic team eager to have an impact where it matters most. As a Junior Android Developer you play a keyrole in realizing our strategy. The app that you will develop is the most essential tool for our land surveyors to provide affordable land rights. Your success therefore forms the basis for the success for our people in the field.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about apps and everything related to Android. But that’s not all, we also want you to be a champion of good coding practices and make sure that you create the kind of structure that allows you to onboard more junior colleagues throughout the year. You will be mentored by our Senior Android Develper in Kaunas and Lead Engineer in Amsterdam.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 1+ years developing with Java or Kotlin (Android)
- Experience with Android Jetpack (AndroidX)
- Experience with MVP or MVVM
- Experience working in a remote team through Git, Pull Requests, Jira or other online tools
- Experience in writing and maintaining Unit/UI tests
- Experience in Agile methodologies and code reviews
- Experience with SQLite, Room (or other databases/ORM) enabling offline data access
- Experience with location-based app
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Ability to translate user stories into wireframes and simple UI is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full-time position, starting with a starting date in Q4 2019
- Flexible working hours and the freedom to plan your own time.
- Indefinite employment contract
- Market rate salary and benefits package
- Business trips to our HQ in Amsterdam