Company average salary3637.46 Eur gross monthly
Alliance for Recruitment is the largest recruitment consultancy in Lithuania measured by capacity, number of successful placements and annual growth. We are a high performing team of recruitment experts from various different industries.
Our Client is a US capital healthcare solutions provider and is one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services company. Organization has associates around the world that provides pharmaceutical products and business solutions thus improve access to care and creates healthier futures. Company is expanding and now establishing Shared Service Center in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Individuals in Operational Engineering roles under the Global Operations Command Centre are responsible for infrastructure (LAN, WAN, Network Security, Wireless, server, storage, recovery, VM, Windows, Linux) operations across all business units of AmerisourceBergen.
They monitor and optimize the performance of the Infrastructure through use of tools for stability and capacity planning. They diagnose failures and take corrective action in order to ensure continuity of operations. They perform up to medium level configuration changes across all infrastructure and foundational applications.
Members in this role need good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with system users and other technical colleagues. Individuals work across all functional areas of the enterprise and use a strong client service orientation to ensure that all requests and problems are resolved in a professional manner. Successful members of the team will be process focused while providing good customer service to AmerisourceBergen IT teams and businesses.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the support of system business solutions.
- Identifies requirements gaps or issues.
- Determines systems specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Works with impacted areas to ensure proper communication/review of requirements and support.
- Evaluates technical requirements for incidents and requests to determine the impact to the infrastructure including equipment redundancy and capacity requirements.
- Installs, configures, and tests infrastructure modifications.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for current and new technology.
- Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed.
- Adheres to security requirements.
- Designs, plans and leads testing efforts and coordinates feedback of test results.
- Escalates problems as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks
- Assists in establishing requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance.
- Ensures performance meets the present and future needs of the business.
- Forecasts utilization patterns and identifies modifications or upgrades.
- Designs reports to identify patterns and trends.
- Ensures continuous monitoring procedures are set per the standard procedures and requirements.
- Recommends changes/enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability and performance.
- Recommends operational metrics.
- Analyzes metrics to understand performance and identifies opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Performs Level 2 incident assessment and resolution on infrastructure solutions.
- Investigates alternative methods to expedite problem resolution.
- Recommends procedures and controls for problem resolution or creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify current problems or similar future problems.
- Reviews checklists and scripts and updates as needed.
- Works with auditors and security groups to ensure adherence to governance, regulations, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing SLAs or OLAs.
- Works with vendors to resolve problems and develop infrastructure solutions.
- Evaluates vendor solutions to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Documents new or modified infrastructure solutions, modules, test activities/results and other areas such as error handling.
- Ensures all documentation is delivered according to specified guidelines.
- Proofreads documents for accuracy.
- Provides coaching to team members.
- 1-3 years of RedHat / SUSE systems (relevant certification is an advantage);
- Experience working within an enterprise ticketing system – preferably Service-Now;
- Knowledge of resource management in VMware;
- Strong BASH scripting skills;
- Patch management experience;
- Virtual server build experience using templates;
- Curiosity in new hardware and software products;
- Experience in Logical Volume management;
- Understanding of the Linux boot process;
- Understanding of the Linux Kernel;
- Advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills to determine not only what the issue is but the source of the issue and the solution;
- Concepts of: Puppet, Networking, DNS, InfoBlox, Active Directory; SAN; ITIL; Linux Security and Performance tuning;
- Strong English communication skills.